Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cedar Ridge HS in NC Hires former HSC Assistant

Joe Kilby, a two-year assistant coach at Leesville Road High, is the new head football coach at Cedar Ridge. He replaces Lou Geary, the only football head coach the Red Wolves ever had before this week, who is now the Person High coach in Roxboro
Kilby, 46, is a native of Sarnia, Ontario, and a graduate of the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario. He has been an assistant coach in college for 10 years, including a stay at Hampden-Sydney, and was a high school assistant in Texas for five years.

“I’m a Canadian Texan, whatever ...
that is,” Kilby said with a laugh.

“I’ve always wanted to be a coach. My father was a high school coach. When I was young and adventurous, I moved around and learned as much as I could. I’m looking forward to coaching my team.”

Cedar Ridge is his first head coaching job, but knows he wants to run a option-oriented spread offense and plans to have an aggressive defense.  “Cedar Ridge is a great place,” Kilby said. “It has great facilities, provides a great eduction, is a great school and has great kids. I’ve been breaking down last year’s film and we have some talented players coming back.  “I hope we can replicate the type of program that David Green has built at Leesville.”

No comments:

Post a Comment